This activity is a “Fill in the Gap” style exercise.
This is to help consolidate what you studied in the lesson
1) Read the whole text first and make sure you understand the text. Take your time. It’s more important to understand rather than to finish quickly so allow yourself 30 minutes at least to do the exercise and make a note of new vocabulary
2) Try and think of a suitable word/s for each gap
3) When you have finished check your answers with the completed text with suggested answers below
4) If necessary repeat the exercise or look up any words that are unfamiliar in the dictionary or online
5) Finally, tick the box “I have completed the activity” to show you have finished
Time limit: 0
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Quiz complete. Results are being recorded.
Time has elapsed
Question 1 of 1
Fill in the gaps
Opening a presentation
Good morning, thank you 1) here today. 2) to welcome you to Perfectly Spoken. 3) introduce myself, my name is Stephanie Marston and I am a teacher. This presentation will cover the key topic of teaching online. I’ll begin with the differences 4) this and traditional teaching methods, then I’ll 5) to the challenges 6) using technology and finally I’ll discuss the advantages this type of teaching brings 7) both student and teacher. The presentation will 8) about 20 minutes, there’s no need to 9) notes as I will distribute a 10). Please feel free to ask me questions.
Which is correct? A or B
a) to be b) for being
a) I’d like b) I like
a) Allow me to b) Allow to me
a) between b) from
a) move in b) move on
a) of b) in
a) for b) to
a) take b) have
a) take b) do
a) hangout b) handout
Fill in the gaps answer
Good morning, thank you for being here today. I’d like to welcome you to Perfectly Spoken. Allowme to introduce myself, my name is Stephanie Marston and I am a teacher. This presentation will cover the key topic of teaching online. I’ll begin with the differences between this and traditional teaching methods, then I’ll move on to the challenges of using technology and finally I’ll discuss the advantages this type of teaching brings to both student and teacher. The presentation will take about 20 minutes, there’s no need to take notes as I will distribute a handout. Please feel free to ask me questions.